Friday, November 27, 2009

A little confused...

This charming little periwinkle vine, flowing over the "stone" wall I put together, is blooming! I double-checked "The Southern Living Garden Book" and was informed that it flowers in early spring. A little confused? I think so. However, Dave's Garden lists Vinca minor 'Illumination' bloom time anywhere from early spring to fall, so maybe my little plant knows what it is doing and I am the one that is confused.



It is a little confused in another way, too, although that is actually my fault. When I bought the vine, it was variegated. There still are a few runners that are variegated, but mostly it has reverted to the solid green. What I should have done, and hopefully still will, is to cut off the new runners that are green to save the variegation.




Have a beautiful day!

No comments: