Saturday, March 29, 2014

More Spring....

Overall, it still looks pretty dreary out there in my garden.  But there are a few plants that are bravely making their way and sharing their beauty.



The flowering plum is covered with blossoms.  It will get its purple leaves later.   That is a close-up of its blooms above.



It grows next to - way too close to - a holly that will bloom later.  The forsythia bush is also there.  Think how pretty this would all look if the forsythia was well pruned and in full bloom with periwinkle in full bloom beneath it.  And daffodils to boot.  There is always hope...



Speaking of daffodils... There are several different kinds of daffodils here and there in my yard.  None in abundance this year, though.  This beauty was looking down ~ maybe because it is raining.




The beautiful blue hyacinths are still blooming.



My daphne bushes don't look all that great; the winter has been hard on them.  But they are blooming.  They smell like heaven.  Daphne are notoriously difficult and short-lived so I am pleased to have had mine for so long.



It appeared as though maybe my variegated hydrangea hadn't made it through the winter.  But that is ~ thankfully ~ not the case.



And my rose bushes are starting to show their new leaves.   This is New Dawn, my climbing rose.




Such charming muscari...   I love this picture.



A pot full of Johnnies on the corner of my deck. 



Oh, wonderful, unabashedly cheerful Johnnies.


Have a beautiful day!

No comments: