Sunday, January 15, 2023

Hope

It's been a long time since I've posted on this blog.  A lot has happened in my life since I last shared here. 

For one, I now live in an apartment.   Thankfully, I still have places to garden.  

I would not have survived without my plants. 

Today I went out to clean up one of the spots that I have.  It is the only spot that I have that is in the sun.

It's in a raised bed (that someone else built) that is 3' by 8'.  I fenced it last year to keep the deer from eating my plants. 


One of the plants that I have there is a red miniature rose that was given to me after my first hip replacement surgery (in 2021.)   Last year it didn't get pruned in the winter like it should have, but today I pruned it. 



Years ago when I lived in California I had a few full size hybrid tea rose bushes in front of my house and I diligently pruned them every January so they could give their best each year. 

Each year, pruning the rose bushes reminded me that there is hope.   These beautiful bushes seemed empty of life in the middle of winter.  But as I got in each one with my clippers, I would always find the small red leaf buds that held the promise of a full leafy bush and wonderful roses in the spring.

Today again I felt hope as I saw those tiny red leaf buds on the small branches of my miniature rose. 



Have a beautiful day!

No comments: