Saturday, May 27, 2023

String of Pearls

When I lived in California, I had a beautiful String of Pearls (Senecio rowleyanus) plant hanging on the north side of the house.  It loved the California weather and even bloomed for me!


After we moved to North Carolina, I tried to grow it outside here as well.  There were a couple of problems, though!  The chickens that I had loved to eat it!   And it was simply too humid for this dry-air-loving succulent. 


But, since it is one of my favorite plants, I have to keep trying!   I have discovered that it tolerates my office!  So, I have it growing in an African Violet pot on the window sill in my office!   (That little glass dish is a candle holder.  Yes, I do light candles in my office sometimes!)


It keeps growing longer and longer across the window sill and I am hopeful that it will be happy enough to bloom one day!  And the little bird figurines do not eat it!   : )

Have a beautiful day!
Ruth

No comments: