Tuesday, May 30, 2023

Tillandsia and friends

When our company moved into a new office suite, this large container had been left in the suite by the previous occupants.   I believe that before it had held a large artificial tree or something like that. 


No one wanted the container, so I gladly claimed it!  But rather planting a tall plant in it, I have enjoyed growing low plants in it!   Currently I have this collection of five different air plants.  I'm sorry I don't know their names, but I really like the variety!


I mist the plants every day or so and I keep a saucer of water in the pot to release moisture into the air for the air plants. 

The locally owned independent garden center where I bought all of the plants also carried the little metal stand that one of the plants is in.   I think it is very cool!  The little frog came from the local garden center also.  I think it's fun to have a little frog friend at work, too!   


The garden center also had the Baby Tears plant (Soleirolia).  Baby Tears was one of my first favorite plants when I was a little girl.  I have tried to grow it a few times during my life without much success but it is doing very well in the pot with my air plants!
   
Have a beautiful day!
Ruth 

No comments: