Friday, July 2, 2010

Carefree greetings...

So, today I was out hunting flags to photograph for a project that Julie was working on. I did get a good picture for her to use and I also stumbled across a flower bed in front of an entrance sign.




It was very sunny and cheerful and I couldn't resist taking some pictures of the flowers that had been planted.



The sign is for Camp Carefree, which serves special needs children. The flower bed makes a warm welcome.


Even though I enjoy growing flowers that are on the cool end of the color spectrum, there really is something that stands out about red and orange and yellow flowers. They are very bold and eye-catching in a way that the blues aren't.



Can you see the little bee in the Gaillardia flower above? You can click on the picture for a larger view.



The big bee is more obvious in the Coreopsis.



I do grow some warm colored flowers. After I returned from seeking out flags, I discovered the first bloom on my Mexican Sunflower (Tithonia). These sunflowers have reseeded themselves for the past 2 or 3 years since I planted the first ones. I like to grow them for my hummers.


Have a beautiful day!

No comments: