Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lirope and the heat...

So today it must be about 100 degrees outside. Everything is wilting. It is very sad. I guess tomorrow is supposed to be even hotter, but then later in the week it should cool down a little. That's good because my whole garden is turning very crispy.



I did discover one plant that isn't wilting. Well, in addition to the weeds. Why is it that the weeds don't wilt and die? Explain that one to me! Anyhow, back to the one plant that isn't wilting. It is my Variegated Lirope.



One of my sisters gave this Lirope to me when she was moving. I've actually not really been a big fan of Lirope. Maybe that is because it gets planted so much to the exclusion of other plants. However, I have really enjoyed having this variegated one. I think it adds a certain brightness to the garden. And it doesn't wilt when it is 100 degrees. (By the way, if you are interested, you can check out my Chickie Update for some news.)


Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! enjoy!
(I don't think you have ever said; they are barred rocks, right?)
-jw

Ruth said...

Yes, my sweet chicken girls are barred rocks. :) Thanks, -jw! :)