Friday, October 29, 2010

More fall colors...

I got to go into the garden today... if only to put plants into the greenhouse. Oh, and take pictures of the gorgeous fall leaves. The sun shining through the Laurel Oak (Quercus laurifolia) was making the leaves sparkle. The photo really doesn't do it justice.




There is a frost advisory for early tomorrow morning, so I moved my tender plants that I wanted to save into the greenhouse. (Did I ever mention that I love my greenhouse?) It looked downright tropical in there!



And in contrast, outside look very much Autumn. The air was cooler today, so it felt more like Fall. There are more leaves on the ground and the colors in the trees are more intense. The leaves of the Black Gum (Nyssa sylvatica) are stunning.




The Goldenrain Tree (Koelreuteria paniculata) evidently gets golden leaves in the Fall. Although, it's leaves are not why it is called Goldenrain Tree.





This Goldenrain Tree is young yet, but maybe next year I will start to see some blossoms on it. Kirstin's chickens ventured over to see what I was doing. You can see them behind the little tree.




I didn't realize that the leaves of my variegated Solomon's Seal (Polygonatum biflorum) would change colors. This is the first year that I have had it.




The trees along my long driveway are very pretty right now. Would you like to come take a walk with me?




The flowers on the Black-eyed Susan Vine (Thunbergia alata) are the perfect color for Fall. I wonder if it will get too cold for them tonight. If so, there is always the Spring to start anew.


Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Anne said...

I'd love to take a walk with you! What time should I come over? :)