Monday, October 25, 2010

The story of my birdbath...

One thing I always wanted for my garden was a birdbath. Three and half years ago, I found concrete birdbaths that were within my price range and I was so excited! So, I bought three of them. I had a specific plan for one of them and ideas for the other two. I was driving home with them, very happily, when - BAM!!! Another car turned into my van. I actually knocked myself out for a few seconds because of the airbag hitting my arm which in turn hit my face. I was o.k., but my beloved van was totaled. And one of the birdbath pedestals was cracked, but not broken because of the reinforcing rods in it.


{Salvia 'Indigo Spires'}


Well, the van was mended, because I loved it so much that I couldn't bear to junk it. So I still have my van. The "broken" birdbath is in Julie's garden, with ivy twining around it. The second birdbath I hope to make into a fountain some day. But the one I planned for all along sits in the front garden, the one you see as you drive up to my house. I love this birdbath.





Today it was raining and the grey skies made the glass pebbles in the saucer and my Salvia 'Indigo Spires' even more beautiful to me. So beautiful, in fact, that I was ready to share the story of my birdbath.



Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that last picture! The stones in your birdbath are lovely!

~ K ~