Monday, October 4, 2010

Plants at Nemacolin...

So, if you read my blog yesterday, you know that last week I visited Nemacolin Woodlands Resort in Pennsylvania. And while looking at the plants wasn't the main focus of my afternoon there, I have to admit that some of stuff planted there did catch my eye. For example, this grass. I saw it quite used quite often at Nemacolin and in McHenry, MD, where we were staying.



Is it a Miscanthus? I think it is, but I don't know for sure. But I do think I would love to have it in my garden.



We came across this tree filled with little red berries and it reminded me of the Pyracantha shrubs that grew near my house when I was growing up.



My sisters and I gathered the Pyracantha berries for "meals" when we played "house" under the short palm trees that also grew there. But, of course, we never ate the berries as we had been sternly warned that they were poisonous. Anyhow, this tree at Nemocolin had wicked, wicked thorns that were about 2 inches long. Do you know what it might be?



I like the shape of this tree. The one in front, that is. Well, I like the one in back, too, but I was photographing the one in front.



There were pots of annuals by the Auto Toy Shop. They were beginning to wane a little, as summer had ended, but I still enjoyed them.



Look at the color and markings of this Petunia!


And here is another showy one. Enjoy.


Have a beautiful day!

No comments: