Friday, May 21, 2010

Roses, roses, roses...

Lovely, lovely roses. I wish my garden could be filled with rose bushes. I enjoy them so much. You've already met a few of my roses, including New Dawn on my arbor.





Fragrant Cloud was one of my favorite roses in California because of its absolutely amazing fragrance. I finally bought one last year to try here in North Carolina. I got it own root and it was small, but it has hung in there and this year it has a bloom. The flower is smaller than the ones I had in California and it is a little chewed, but I do have hope for it.





Molineux is a David Austin rose and Kirstin gave it to me last year for Mother's Day. It is still a young bush, but isn't this flower beautiful? I'd love to have enough of them to make a huge bouquet.




I don't know the name of this rose bush. A neighbor gave it to me and it was a bush her mother-in-law grew. Whatever it is, it does really, really well. It is one of the first to bloom in spring, it blooms all summer long and on into fall. I just wish I could share the fragrance of my garden with you.


Have a beautiful day!

No comments: