Thursday, May 20, 2010

Vegetable garden..

So, here's what's going on today in my vegetable garden. Twisty slim peppers are forming on this hot pepper. It is a Slim Red Cayenne. Uh, the red is the plant tag, not a pepper. A little to early for ripe ones. You can click on the picture for a larger view.





Sweet peppers are just starting to form, too. This one is Purple Beauty. I think I have grown this variety before, but I had the soil too rich, so it didn't do so well. I am hoping for lots of peppers this year.




My cucumber plants look lovely. I started these from seed and they are doing great. I do need to thin them out, though. They are Sweet Marketmore cucumbers.




And, very exciting, one of my tomato plants has little green tomatoes! This is a Marglobe tomato plant and this is the first time I have grown this variety, so I'll have to see how it does for me. So far it looks super!


Have a beautiful day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your plants look wonderful! I am hoping for a bumper crop of sweet bell peppers. ~ I dry them for use in cooking during the winter and the children love to snack on them.

~Anne~

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am amazed at how quickly your vegetable garden grew! You must have them in the perfect mixture of soil and sun.

-M