Sunday, May 2, 2010

New denizens...

O.K., so today is Way Too Hot. It's 90 degrees out there. The chickens are panting, I'm being wimpy about working outside, and the kitties have collapsed. Well, alright. I know. That is the way the cats usually look, but, really, it is Way Too Hot.


(Tiger and Luca)

Kirstin discovered something very exciting today. Back in February, when I hung these birdhouses that were given to me by the kind people at Buffalo Creek Farm, I had no idea that any bird would actually find them interesting enough to build a nest in one of them.




I was wrong. Not only does the shoe have a nest, it has little baby birds! I am curious to find out what kind of birds they are. I wonder if they might be bluebirds because of the height of the birdhouse, but I do not know. I guess I'll just have to wait and see - words a gardener lives by!


Have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

serial tiller said...

New baby birds are just as exciting to me as new blooms! Enjoy your feathered surprises!

Anonymous said...

How cute!!

~ K ~

Anonymous said...

That really is sweet.

-M