Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mushrooms...

Mushrooms are starting to show up in my garden. I really don't know much about mushrooms, so I can't tell you the names of any of these, but I think they are very interesting to look at. A pot with Coral Bells (Heuchera) provides a home for these mushrooms.



The mulch under my Laurel Oak is popular with mushrooms. There are clusters of them in several different places, all near plants where I have made a hole in the mulch, filled it with potting soil and planted the plant.



This is the same mushroom below; only in this picture you can better see the stems of the mushrooms. Aren't the mushrooms cute? They are underneath a Hydrangea.



What caught my eye about this next mushroom was its interesting green color.



And another view.




This last adorable little mushroom is next to the broken birdbath dish filled with Creeping Jenny. Evidently something finds the mushroom good to munch on! I'll just look at it, thank you very much.


Have a beautiful day!

No comments: