Monday, January 11, 2010

Dischidia geri...

The other day I obtained a cutting of Dischidia geri. It looked like an interesting plant and I have never grown it before so I thought I would give it a try.



I took it home and put it in water. It sat in water for a day until I put it in damp sand. Then I got to thinking, maybe it wouldn’t like damp sand to root in. So I started searching.


Well, it wasn’t as easy to find an answer as I thought, but what I came up with is that it likes humidity and damp, well-drained medium to grow in. Hhhmmm. That doesn’t sound like sand to me.



So, once again, the poor little cutting got moved. I kind of cheated. I just used a fairly porous potting soil instead of the recommended peat moss and perlite. I did put it in a container with a lid to make a little humid terrarium for it, though. I hope it works.



Maybe it will live outside in the shade in the summer. On the table in my seating area under the oak? You know, the one I don’t have yet. I read that it can vine 6’ to 8’ so I am curious to see what it does. If it survives my feeble attempt to root it.

Have a beautiful day!
P.S. How many photos can you take of one little cutting!?!

No comments: