Thursday, June 17, 2010

Sweet Marketmore Cucumbers...

My Sweet Marketmore Cucumber plants are doing very well. I think they are going to outgrow their trellis soon. And today I discovered a cucumber ready to pick! Of course, there are plenty more blooms so I hope to have lots of cucumbers this year.


Even though the chicken house was finished a couple of months ago, I finally got the chicken door put on hinges just today. I have been stacking stones in front of it to hold it closed, but that was getting rather tedious. The chickens loved having me in their house. They just hung around me and watched everything I did. They pecked at the screws and hinges and even the cordless drill didn't seem to bother them. They stayed with me the whole time I was putting up their door.




As I was squatted down working on the project, one of them jumped up on my knee to get a better look. I thought that was very sweet! She stayed there for a minute or two before she jumped off and then another one jumped up!




That one stayed on my knee for even longer and then, as I bent over to tighten the lower screws on the hinges, she climbed up on my back! She was perfectly content to stay there for awhile, but I eventually did have to straighten up. I think my chicken girls are so much fun. They are very soft and pretty and friendly. I never dreamed I would like them as much as I do!


Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! :)