Sunday, December 6, 2009

Not coleus...

Coleus just didn’t seem to be the right thing to write about, waking up to about 25 degrees, so it will just have to wait until another day.

Last evening, as it was getting colder and darker, I was digging up plants I wanted to try to overwinter in my greenhouse. What? I could have done that earlier? Anyhow, they are now on my kitchen floor, awaiting more permanent assignments. I do think they will be more comfortable in their own pots rather than crammed into the storage tub in which they were hastily dumped.

My daughter took this picture of the frost on the windshield this morning! Isn't it amazing!?!





Lamb's Ear (Stachys byzantina), already silvery looking, is even more so with a frosty dusting.




There should be something in here about iced (catmint) tea, but I can't think of what it is.



One of the last roses, fading in the cold of fall. The sun had already hit this one, melting the frost into drops of water.



Have a beautiful, warm day!

No comments: