Monday, December 14, 2009

A thank you...

My sister-in-law arrived for Thanksgiving with a thank-you card for me featuring a photo of a beautiful African violet plant. I thought, now that was just sweet, especially since she had written that the violet plant reminded them of me.



Imagine my surprise (and delight) when I walked into my bedroom a little while later to find THE plant sitting on my bedroom floor! Of course, I instantly forgot why I had gone into the room and had to carry the African violet (Saintpaulia) back out to thank her and to show it to everyone else.




Can I actually give it what it needs? You know, plenty of light, enough humidity, the right room temperature, no drafts, keep it evenly moist, watering from the bottom, making sure the leaves don't get wet, and making sure the water is not too cold, give is the right amount of fertilizer at the right time, repotting it every six months. Uhmmm, I think that's all. I'll do my best because it sure is a charming plant and I would like to keep it around for a long time! Thank you, M!





Oh, and Luca thinks that having his chin rubbed is MUCH more important than photographing an African violet!





Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are welcome!

Although, I find it amusing that I ended up giving you a plant that requires so much specialized attention -- when we all know my plants only survive if they can sustain themselves on one watering a week (maybe), at least one spill a year (off the shelf), and new soil, well, I may venture to do that some year!

But I am thrilled you like it :) -M