Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The first frog...

Last night I heard the first froggy of the year in my garden. I had forgotten how loud - pleasantly loud - they get. Today I tracked him down, although I didn't actually see him. Only the movement of the water as he hid from me. He is in a smallish (about 20 gallon) black rubber stock tank that has some reeds growing in it. Good place for a frog, right? This picture is not of him. I don't even think he is this type of frog. But I love this picture from a couple of years ago. It was so cute to discover this particular frog in the 6-pack cell.


Have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

serial tiller said...

I have been scared several times by frogs like you pictured hiding in my pots! After the silent winter it is so good to hear their peeping! Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this picture!
-M

Julie said...

That is an awesome picture!

Julie