Sunday, March 21, 2010

A tulip...

This Tulip bloomed today. I think it is stunning. There are so many pictures of it on this post because I couldn't decide which ones to take out! I don't remember the name of the tulip right now, but it is one that will naturalize. I will look up the name and let you know. Enjoy my Tulips and Johnnies! Oh, and be on the look-out for Luca!




The one below will bloom tomorrow. You can also see it in the back of the picture above.












Have a beautiful day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What does it take to get a tulip to bloom? We have lots of bulbs but usually on see one bloom each year.

-M

Ruth said...

M - One thing tulips need is a certain amount of winter chill. Also, hybrid tulips usually only grow and bloom one season. They are then pulled up after they bloom and tossed and new bulbs planted in the fall. If you need more info, let me know! :)

Anonymous said...

These pictures are SO lovely and you flowers are all so pretty.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the info. I guess if no more bloom this year, after so great a chill, I have a bed full of hybrids! Hope springs eternal!

Love your blooms,
-M