Tuesday, March 2, 2010

March snow...

I know, I know. It’s supposed to be “March winds…,” but I can’t help it if it is snowing again. It is so beautiful this time. Last time it snowed, I didn’t think it was that pretty, but somehow, today is different. Lots of birds have come again to my deck for the sunflower seeds. I love the way the reds and purples of the wintergreen look under the white of the snow.




I went to look at my little crocus again and found another bud! I guess I’ll have to wait for another day for the flowers to open. Even though they haven’t bloomed yet, they still somehow seem to shine.




And, of course, I have a Johnnie in the snow. This one is actually in the ground rather than in a pot. The yellow is so brilliant against the backdrop of the snow. To me, the flower looks like it is wearing a little white hat.


Have a beautiful day!
P.S. If you would like to know how my little chicks are doing, you can check the Chickie update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ruth!

We've been busy here this week and I just got a chance to check on your garden. :) It is great to see your yellow crocus. We have purple ones that are starting to open up. Every year I look forward to seeing them come through. It is like a sign that Spring is around the corner. Over the 7 years we have lived here, we have increased from 2 to 7 of them. It is very exciting. I think when we reach 10 I will try to transplant one and see how it does.

On another note, I got the potting soil you recommended. We started our indoor plants from seeds. *sigh* I have no idea how this is going to go! But it was a fun project for the girls and I and my mom.

Have a great day!
-M