Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pink tree...

I must start with a disclaimer. This is not my tree. I wish it was. It is by a church about a mile and half down the road. It is so beautiful and I wanted to add it here because it looks so much like spring. There is a bird nest in the tree, too, on the right side.




I have another confession. I don't know what kind of tree it is. Do you? When I went under it to get a closer picture of the buds, it smelled wonderful. I wish I could share the fragrance with you. They don't have "scratch and sniff" for blogs, do they? I love the pink against the blue sky.


Have a beautiful day!

3 comments:

Rihane said...

Lovely.
I don´t now what kind of tree.
A really wild guess is cherry-tree.
The kind that the Japanese are crazy about.

Ruth said...

Yes, I am wondering if it might be some kind of cherry. :)

Anonymous said...

It might be an ornamental flowering plum. They have pink blossoms with a delightful fragrance. I just can't remember exactly what they look like...

~ K ~