Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Muscari botryoides update...

They're alive! They're alive!

You have to imagine me holding the clay pot and bouncing around the garden in excitement. Or not, if you would rather. But, anyhow, I am just thrilled! A couple of weeks ago, I poked around in the soil to see if the bulbs were still there. (Surely you've done that, right?) But all I came up with was a mushy bulb so I figured that was the end of that experiment. But then, a couple of days ago, I saw about half a dozen little leaves starting to stick their heads up. Hence my uncontrolled joy.




There are my Muscari botryoides 'Album' bulbs that I wrote about in a post months ago. I have tried several times, unsuccessfully I might add, to get these to live and grow and multiply, so maybe this is the time I will actually do something right and they will perform beautifully for me. Now to wait for their white flowers.


Have a beautiful day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wasn't able to post a comment on the Chickie Page, so I am leaving it here. :)

They are so cool!

In fact, my littlest one said to me after her return from Aunt Ruth's, (insert sad face here) "Mommy, the chickies will not be little when I see them again." She said it in a consoling voice, but it didn't take me long to figure out she was looking to be the one consoled. They really loved getting to be near them while they were still little.

-M

P.S. We love your Cat Blossoms. *grin*